Excerpt from „Vegetarisches aus 1001 Nacht“, page 147
by courtesy of Pala-Verlag
Sesame-Banana-Pudding from Oman
"Halauiyat ma Moz"
- 70 g margarine
- 4 Bananas
- 200 g ground cane sugar
- 2 tbsp rose water
- 50 g chopped almonds
- ½ tsp saffron or osfor
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tsp sesame puree
- 1 tbsp sea-buckthorn sirup
1. Heat margarine in a pan. Mash bananas with a fork and add to the margarine. Mix together with 2 tbsp of water and let it simmer for about 3 to 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
2. Add sugar and 2 tbsp of water into another pan, mix well and bring to a boil. Pour in banana puree.
3. Add rose water and mix well.
4. Pour mixture in a preheated bowl. Mix together almonds, saffron, cardamom and sesame puree and pour over the bananas.
5. Sprinkle sea-buckthorn sirup over it and serve immediately.