Excerpt from the book: „Vegetarisches aus 1001 Nacht“(page 66)
by courtesy of Pala-Verlag
Burghul Salad from Syria
- 250 g fine Burghul
- 2 onions
- 2 bunches of parsley
- ½ bunch mint
- 2 big tomatoes
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- lemon juice
- black pepper
- 1 romaine lettuce
1. Soak burghul in water for about 30 minutes. Drain and put it on a kitchen towel to dry.
2. Finely chop onions and mix together with the burghul.
3. Finely chop parsley and mint. Carve the tomatoes crisscross and dash them with hot water. Skin the tomatoes and cut them in small dices. Add diced tomatoes and herbs to the burghul.
4. Mix together olive oil and 2 tbsp lemon juice, season with pepper and salt and pour over the salad. Leave the mix in the refrigerator for about one hour.
5. Clean romaine lettuce and rince off. Dress a salad bowl with lettuce leaves and arrange the tabouleh decoratively on it.
6. Season the remaining lemon juice with pepper and salt and serve separately.